View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:22 AM
retired2pa

I've been on vacation for the last two weeks out in Anaheim, CA visiting family and I told my DD that I wanted to go to M & L Fabrics because I'd heard what great prices they had on fabric. She also needed fabric for dining room chair seats so we found it and I must say they have a VERY impressive amount of fabric...of all kinds! She found fabric for her chairs at $2.98/yd. She got a heavy outdoor type fabric that would hold up to 3 adult males and 7 cats!!! I found tons of Robert Kaufman fabric for $3.98 and $5.98/yd. I bought some batiks for a bargello quilt for $5.98/yd. There's a lot to look at so if you're in the area, stop in and check it out. When they measure your fabric it's very generous. They give you more than what you ask for. They're also not very careful how they cut it...they just run the scissors all the way up but it seems to make a good cut. The only negative thing was when we were checking out, I asked the girl if she knew where a quilt store was because I was looking for patterns. She had no idea what I was talking about!! She barely spoke English :( and didn't know what a quilt pattern was.