Thread: Need new washer
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:45 PM
slk350

I had a Magtag washer and dryer for 20+ years before moving to FL. I loved them, only repair was to replace the dryer belt. Did it myself.First house In Fl we purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer. They were OK.Had no problem with them, but only lived in that house 3 years. Next house came with GE appliances. The worst appliances in the world !! We even upgraded the appliance package. Washer had to be completely torn apart (it leaked all over the place) and after that the computer panel had to be replaced!! The GE side by side refrigerator is a complete piece of junk !! The water dispenser froze up and the front panel is all rusted underneath the dispenser. The touch panel on the stove works when it feels like, you have to keep pushing it until it works. I HATE GE appliances and wouldn't want them again even if someone gave them to me. A friend of mine has a high end front end washer and dryer and wishes she never got them. I wouldn't want them either.Also had a GE refrig up north and the condenser went within the first year.