Thread: Need new washer
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
nance-ell

DH & I had a Maytag dryer that literally ate a button a day off of our clothes. It was only a few years old, but one day a couple of weeks ago I decided enough was enough. Didn't particularly like my washer either, so I listed both on craigslist and we went shopping! Bought an LG 5.2 cu. ft. Graphite Steel High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer and LG 7.3 cu. ft. Graphite Steel Electric SteamDryer. LOVE LOVE LOVE them! It is actually fun to do laundry. In one load we can complete what we used to do in 2.5 to 3 loads. Everything is clean and we know we're saving water and energy. Many stores have been running the pair on sale recently for $1498-$1500. After all the negative things I've heard about front loaders, I did not want one and am so happy we found this set. We came home and read the reviews AFTER we purchased them and we don't think we'll have any regrets. We did, however, purchase the service plan since this washer uses new technology and we want to be sure we're covered over time. If you don't want a frontloader, definitely give this one a look!