Thread: Can't Focus...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
FabricHappy

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
on what to do next. Have books, mag, patterns, fabric. Lots of pics of quilts, too. I think the problem is I want to get rid of scraps and having a terrible time. Scraps are in 3, yes 3 HUGE containers with no rhyme or reason. Most are small and I want to get rid of them. Some are odd sizes. Don't send me to Quiltville...nothing there trips my trigger either.

So much is up in the air which is probably why I'm lost. DH may be taking a new job which will require me to quit my little job and stay home with Mom..alz patient. I'll try to hire someone to come in and stay with her a couple hours a week so I can get groceries.

I have to quit ordering fab cuz it's not matching anything that I have.

Think maybe I'll just put all the fab away and work on my Santa redwork that I have from Bird Brain Designs. I feel like a bird brain so maybe this is apporiate. When everything calms down, I'll be able to sew again. Think maybe drinking too much coffee may be bothering me too...but it tastes sooo goood!

See! Even my thoughts are rambling. Right...redwork it is! After I walk on the tread mill for a mile....need to work off my belly!

Thanks guys!!
Like you, I too have a "ton" of scraps. However, I have found sorting through the fabric scraps & compiling different sizes,shapes ie. strips, squares, triangles, small,med.,lg,etc has been very therapeutic for me. in fact, the more I do it, the more intrigued I become. I'm planning to make scrappy log cabin, crazy quilting, etc. I work part-time & have a 27 yr old special-needs daughter remaining at home, out of our 5 kids. She requires 24/7 care. Thankfully, she goes to adult daycare for 6 hrs, Mon thru Fri. So, I can relate to how you feel, being a fulltime caregiver. Also, it has helped me work through my grief at burying our youngest daughter a year& a halfago(age 23,due to a motor vehicle accident). I find myself thankful for all my wonder blessings & I hope to pass blessings on in the form of quilts, especially "scrappy" quilts. Hope that helps you feel better in being able to vent here! Take care!
:lol: ;) :thumbup: