Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hperttula123
You have some cute ideas. My kids are so into making ornaments with me. I love it. They make snowflakes to decorate my windows, they decorate most of the tree for me, so you have given me some great ideas for this year. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
I used to work in day care and then had my own daycare that was open 24/7 with about 35 kids . I had alot of practice with working with kids!! LOL I have some early childhood education behind me. I went to an early childhood conference one year and learned alot of fun things for kids to do.

Another thing that would be cute:
If you can get a roll of white paper--I get mine at the local newspaper office. They give away the last of a roll when they get down to the end and can't use it.

I roll out the paper and have the child lay down on the paper. Outline their body. Then have them color in their silhouette. You could have them dress this as a Santa or an elf or add reindeer features and antlers for a bit of fun! Then hang it up for all to admire!! I have not had them do the Santa thing but it would be soooo cute!

You can make sugar cookie dough and add red food coloring to one half of the dough. Pinch off a bit and roll it into a worm. Do the same with the red colored half and then twine them together for a candy cane. Bake at 350 and poke a hole to hang them. Then use a hook or a piece of ribbon and hang them on your tree.
You could use salt dough for this if you don't want the kids to eat them all! Or if you want them to last from year to year. You can also add crushed candy cane or peppermint oil to the red half.

Take a piece of green pipe cleaner( they make shiny ones that are great for this too) and twist it into a coil and stick it in a miniature reese's pieces cup for a mini Christmas tree. These are really cute if you set a formal dinner table for a dinner. Just set one above each plate. You can glitter the pipe cleaner if you have a plain green one.

I know there are more. I will add them as I think of them.