View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
JAGSD

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I know this is really dumb. But how do I pick the fabric for a French Braid Quilt. I have been in LQS and I just get overwhelmed looking at the fabric. Maybe I need a mentor, I am not sure. I feel so stupid, I have been quilting since last March, I have finished 2 quilts for kids, and made one twin size, maybe I'm not ready for a FB. Any suggestions? Stupid Question for today...
I found a pattern for a french braid table runner, after my boys wake up I will run down and see who it is by. I also want to make a french braid but have been unsure of how or the size, so thought I would start small. (They all look so beautiful)From what I have gathered if a person picks a "focal" fabric(for the center) and builds out from it with the different colors from the focal fabric you can't go wrong.
Ps... I am in Piedmont, SD Maybe after the holidays we could do a french braid party gettogether...... And learn as we go.
Me again....
I found the pattern it is called "Braid Runner" "Quilt as you go"
uh oh! That could be scary-have never done that before either. The pattern says:The fabrics in the braid look great if chosen from light to dark to create 3D effect.