View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I need to learn a good method on how to make a sleeve for a wall hanging. Or some sort of way to effectively hang a quiilt on the wall without driving nails or push pins into it. I'd like to point out that its most likely going to be a fairly large wall hanging (around 2 yards give or take...don't have the measurements worked out yet...also need this for future reference for the Zelda sea map)

I was working on this quilt made out of Kittie band t-shirts for a boyfriend and we broke up so now I don't have a dead line for this huge quilt (going to make it for myself as I LOVE Kittie). Went out with a friend of mine for like a week...we still love/care for each other, but he feels things are too messed up on his end to have a stable relationship right now. At the very least we're still friends.

Anyways, when I showed him the Kittie t-shirts for the quilt he half joked that I should make him one made out of Slipknot shirts so he'd have something cool to hang up on his wall (he LOVE Slipknot). And at work today I remembered that and thought "You know? Why not?" I want to do something awesome for him. Something from the heart that says "I worked hard to make something you'll like because I love you and you're cool". Funny how I end up making things like a month before they should get done. Even funnier because this time I had planned well enough in advance to make a quilt for someone I ended up breaking up with before moving onto this project 35 days before Christmas.

But I just realized that I never done a sleeve for a wall hanging. And this is really special. I don't want this nailed to the wall like the store bought blanket that covers his balcony door. So I need some sort of tutorial that will create a wall hanging sleeve that will hold up a fairly large quilt that's easy to understand. Extra points if its in video format. ;)