Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by genghis khan
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by genghis khan
I currently have a very large overstuffed arm chair in my shop at the moment, im soo tempted to take all the little swatches vendors send to the shop and begin sewing them together. The chair was given to me by a customer who had something reupholstered and no longer wanted the chair or the ottoman that came with it, my only concern is after i did something like this i wonder if there would be any interest in it on a local level here for finding it a home. Chris
Hi Chris! You better believe there would be quite an interest in having your redone piece!!! But since the chair is so large and your pieces so little, I would check with some local interior designer shops and ask for any castaway remnants they don't want. Your time investment redoing the chair would be minimized and overall appearance would probably be better using larger pieces. Therefore, your giveaway item would be more appealing. Plus, there are lots of shops with scrap remnants they just throw away and would probably love for you to take them off their hands!! It'll be interesting to see what you come up with! Keep us informed!! There are people who are just looking for that kind of thing!!

:-D :-D :-D ;)
I do upholstery for a living, not to mention my shop is connected with a fabric store, together we make an exellent partnership. When i get back to work this week ill try to remember to post a pics of the chair in question as it appears now so you can see what im working with.
What an ideal arrangement!!! Would love to see what you're working with!! Feel free to post as many pics on this thread as you'd like! You surely will have no trouble finding someone interested in the furniture after you redo it!!!!!

:D :D 8-)