View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
peacebypiece

to compulsivequilter:
The Viking foot you posted a picture of is a special automatic buttonhole foot for the Designer series and other later Viking machines..it's called the Sensor Buttonhole Foot PAGE 49 IN YOUR DESIGNER I USER GUIDE. If you don't have a User Guide, get one. Also, seek help from your Viking dealer. They have owner classes, often free.
Two bits of advice for you:
1. Spend an afternoon with your machine and the User Guide. Read the Guide from cover to cover. If you only do quilting much of the special stuff won't apply to you, but you'll understand the way the machine works better.
2. Get friendly with your dealer and other customers there. If they offer workshops go to them. You'll be surprised what you can learn from them, often critical info. for FREE.
I make a practice of stopping by my local dealer/quiltshop at least every other week. Sometimes I just buy 1/2 yd of a fabric I like. I once attended a free sew session because my granddaughter was there for a beginner sewing class. The instructor only spoke "quilt". I volunteered help to other attendees with questions. Made several new friends and actually got paid for helping.
Too many quilters are snobs. They only know quilting and don't even recognize any other type of sewing. Shame on you. You have no idea what you are missing.