Old 11-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Lady Shivesa

As some of you may know, I am a writer as well as a quilter. Recently I posted about one of my short stories being accepted for publication in an Aussie magazine. Now I have another piece of news regarding my writing adventures.

I'm diving into the world of self publishing through a site called lulu.com. I recently wrote a children's book for my three younger siblings. It was a fantastic adventure - the creation of this story - as I wrote a chapter every week and mailed it to them. The characters names and some of the strange ideas that formed the story came from my younger sisters and brother. Upon finishing the story, I decided to self publish through lulu. I can't post about it on facebook yet because I'm buying a copy for my siblings for Christmas.

Just wanted to tell you all about it as I am so very excited. :) If you'd like to read the entire first chapter send me a PM and I can send you the file. But I'm not here to sell stuff - I'm mostly just here to dance and laugh at how exciting this is!!