View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 PM
laureneberhard

Just want to share my weekend experience with all of you. 10 of us quilters went to a cabin (www.kishauwau.com) and worked on some projects. Some quilted and some knitted and some worked with felted wool. We had tons of laughs and way to much to eat. One of the ladies also brought her 28 yr old daughter and we really broke her in good. Even though she wouldn't admit it right now, she'll be back again I'm sure.

I worked on a Christmas wallhanging and got a quilt top put together. The wall hanging was given to me half finished, because my friend didn't like it; but now that I've added some applique on it, she thinks she likes it now...Of course we had fun teasing her about finding new ways to get her projects done! My quilt top is a Burgone (sp) surrounded, which I've always wanted to make and now can cross off my list of 'someday' quilts. Now it needs to be quilted.

We are all members of a quilt guild and some of us are going to be officers next year, so we had a powwow on things we'd like to do to bring fun and excitement back.

So I'm very tired from very little sleep, but feel greatful for the quilt friends I have and that I was able to spend a weekend with them. I am truly a blessed quilter....

I recommend a 'quilt bee', no matter how long it lasts, from a few hours to a few days with one or many others to get the quilting juices flowing again. HAPPY QUILTING to all!!