View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
plainpat

Looks like you're doing great for making 3 quilts. The avatar is striking.Classes are a great way to learn.Learning is what it's all about.You can keep some inexpensive fabric for practice & you'll soon have scraps too.Practice blocks can be used for pot holders,tote bags, runners etc.Saw a dress with quilt blocks used as pockets.

Originally Posted by Jenniky
Not really..it will just have to be a lesson learned for this newbie. If I go off pattern I could make them work but then I will have a lot of precut pieces that won't fit either way I will have to purchase more of the material. Just need to buy the fusible stuff and a 1/4 of material and I will be back in action. However this is a great lesson learned and in the future I will make a sample block out of leftover material so I have a better understanding of what is going to happen prior to cutting up all my pretty material. This will be my third quilt project since beginning. The first two I didnt use a layout pattern. The second one is my avantar and is made up of Dresdan squares and Card Trick which I have learned at quilting classes.