View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Dina

Yes, a sports car should be red! I had not thought of that. Our Corvette is red, but two other sports cars we have are black and silver. (These are old sports cars...my husband is a sports car enthusiast...and when you tell someone you have 3 sports cars, they think you are rich. We are not rich...:) but our car insurance guy sure likes us!!)

I have an idea to try out if anyone is still reading this thread. This idea is not for the borders, as I have to play with those ideas tomorrow when I have the time, but I am thinking of adding another piece around the outside of each side....well, I guess it would be a border, but it wouldn't be my "final border." If you look at the picture of he quilt, there is a red or gray frame around three of the Corvettes, and 3/4 of a frame around six of them. I am thinking of adding a black border, except where that border would form the 4th side of the frame. I would add either a red or a gray piece there, to complete the frame. That would give me 9 framed Corvettes, and black if there is not a frame to complete.

That would make it look more complete before I do a "real border."

Clear as mud, huh? If anyone got that, what do you think?

Oh, I got my fabric on ebay. There are quite a few Corvette fabrics there right now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131299.jpe