View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
RST

A while back I posted my ready to quilt top. Well, it's done, just in time for my parents' anniversary.

I found the flannel back to be tricky to work with, but I love how soft and cozy the finished quilt is.

It's all free-motion, improv quilting, meaning I did it with the feed dogs down, and never marked the top, just doodled all over in a semi-organized and planned way.

I did match my thread to the predominant fabric in each area, and the backing, with the green flannel, has green thread. I ran into a few tension problems, with "eyelashing" but I decided to just keep going, and after washing, none of it even shows.

I like the slightly puckery texture of the washed quilt--makes it very tactile and comfy. And this is one where very heavy quilting does not translate to a stiff quilt. This thing is made for wrapping up and cuddling.

RST

Snowy day -- perfect for photographing a quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132077[/ATTACH]

close up of free motion quilting in swirls on neutral portions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132078[/ATTACH]

the colors photograph a little more garish than they are in real life, but it is a rather bright quilt -- great stash buster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132079[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132072.jpe   attachment-132073.jpe   attachment-132074.jpe