View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 AM
TN Donna

Originally Posted by glenda5253
It seems there has been alot of talk lately about getting shirts at thrift shops to use in quilts. I decided to visit the thrift shops in town the other day and was a little shocked at the prices. :shock:

Perhaps I'm out of touch or naive about this since I don't regularly shop thrift stores but wanted your input on: 1. How much fabric do you get from a shirt? and 2. What price do you pay?

I visited three thrift stores. Goodwill had all their men's shirts at $3.99 and there were some very nice 100% cotton shirts. A local church sponsored thrift store - shirts were $3.00 to $7.00 with not much selection. A third store (I think it's some kind of chain like Goodwill) had shirts starting at $1.99 to (!!!!)$19.99, with no reason I could see why one shirt was $1.99 while another was $9.99.

:?: :-( :hunf:
We have a local place where they get a lot of clothing donated from yard sales and well to do people. On certain days you can get a 30 gallon garbage bag for $1. I am thinking of checking it out. I know people who actually get nice clothing there.