View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Dave-Jane

In long arming most quilters want the quilt to come from them and really don't want a label on their work of art to include us.. Some do. I had digitized a grasshopper as that has become my nickname and put it in the extra area to the side of a Quilt of Valor I was doing for a local guild just to test the pattern. The ladies saw that and made a label out of it for that quilt and said they all want a grasshopper now, just in case I ever get famous or something! Ha Ha. So now I stitch a grasshopper in the outer edge of all my jobs and they can fold it in at the corner and bind it inside or make the label out of it.Some want a really small grasshopper stitched in the outer edge of the top camouflaged in an area that's hard to see.

Several of our clients do want labels made with little sayings, the date, and who it is for, and even us sometimes. It's getting more and more a part of the long arming as they want it sewn in to the pattern. I guess some quilt thieves have started peeling off the labels and replacing them with their own--terrible but true-- so if its sewn in the quilt tops quilting that makes it much more difficult for this to happen. Take Care---Dave B.(grasshopper)