View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I have to agree.....designing and fabric pulls.
As I usually draw out my own designs for a quilt and have a substantial stash of prints (some less than 1/3 yard, but hundreds to choose from), I really enjoy that process.

I have so many "quilts" *made* in my design book or for which the fabrics are all pulled and rolled in a bundle, that sometimes I KNOW I'll never get it all done. And of course, some are several years old, having been bundled years ago when I liked a certin group or colorway.....I usually forget to go back to those bundles and see if I might want them for something current. :?

Maybe I shoulld swap efforts with someone who has trouble choosing patterns and fabrics.............
Nah. :D

Jan in VA
LOL! I'm kind of the same way! I have several designs in mind where I started picking out fabric (well, looking on the Internet anyways) before its completely fleshed out. Probably since I've started quilting I had a project in mind to re-create the sea map from Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker into a wall hanging. The design evolves every time I start designing it again---first it had borders and a compass star and now it doesn't, the size and scale changes every time, first the islands were going to be appliqued and now they are going to be screen printed, and it always was planned with watercolor type fabric in a yellowish-peachy type color to give that faded parchment look. I plan some of it, put it away, forget about it for a while, and later end up coming back to it with new ideas. Then there are replicas of the stained glass windows from the same game...still have to get decent shots of them, but have some of the fabric picked out! I have more designs than I have completed quilts!