Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM
cjmat

Originally Posted by Kate01
Originally Posted by cjmat
Originally Posted by Kate01
I got a can of Elmer's spray adhesive at WalMart, I don't remember what it cost, but was very reasonable. Try it!
I'm not sure which type of Elmer's spray adhesive you got but be careful using it on your fabrics. Maybe it's different than the one I found. When I couldn't get the 505 spray in our Walmart, I sent a message to Elmer's asking them if their "Repositionable Mounting Spray" would wash out of fabric. Here's the response I got:

"Removal of Elmer's Spray Adhesives can be accomplished using mineral spirits or citrus oil based removers, such as Goo-Gone, Goof-Off, etc. Apply the solvent to a clean cloth and place it on the stain for several minutes. This will soften the glue and the softened glue can then be removed with a clean dry cloth. Always test the solvent on an inconspicuous area first to check for compatibility issues."
Thanks, I haven't used it yet and I will test it carefully before I do. What, Oh What would we do without the good firends here on the board.
Glad to help. I'd hate to see a quilting project possibly ruined. Please let us know the results once you test it. I'd love to give it a try myself if it does actually wash out :)