Old 10-06-2008, 12:56 PM
cbonagain

Hi! I do craft shows from May thru Dec. and love doing them. I do quilted purses, quilts of all sizes, and just started a line of quilted doggie coats =). I ended up still working on stuff thruout the summer. I thought I had enough, but had to restock when things sold. (Oh! How Awful!! LOL)
Anyway, decide where you want to do a show, check with chamber of commerces to find out dates, contact persons, costs per space, and if it is a juried show or not. (Juried just means you have to send 3 or 4 pics of your work, to make sure you're not buying to sell, and what quality of work you do.) Don't ever be afraid of juried shows. The turnout is soooo
much better, which means you sell soooo much more. You'll want to invest in a canopy/tent so you can stay out of rain/sun, which you can get at Lowes, Walmart, etc. for less than $100. Have a couple of folding tables, a chair for you to sit on, and go to it. One word of advice tho, don't take a book to read!!! That really turns people off. Take a project instead. If you have any other questions, you can e-mail me, ok? Have Fun :D Carol