View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 PM
omak

Originally Posted by quilting cat
For those of you who haven't started cuttting yet, (and aren't good at math),you will need the equivalent of 8 full width strips of green and 16 full width of pink.
Notice that the directions (unlike the picture) just say pink on each side of the green, not requiring one to be light and one dark pink!
That is certainly a help!
I have coupons to separate and mail, and then hubby has been home sick - - tomorrow is chiropractor and DR visit, while surviving below 0 temps and trying to figure out how to dig out of the snow drifts.
The last time we were out, we stopped at the thrift store and I scored BIG on the pink front - - a ballroom dress of some kind - - or was it a summer formal? at any rate, all cotton for $2.99.
when the coupons are done, then I plan on going through six containers of fabric that I see a bit of green and pink, and even some brown ... when I get it all gathered, I will post a picture here, and then, get to work on cutting two inch strips!
If the quilt had been a bit more scrappy (do you hear the whine in my voice?), I have a BIG container of strips cut in all sorts of sizes, but <sigh> was not to be this time. Bummer!
Oh, well, the adventure is beginning, and that is exciting!
Have a grateful Thanksgiving, everyone <wave>