Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Tammy you did a wonderful job of it! It all lines up so well! That lining it up is the trick to keeping your points in my opinion. Also you have a good amt between your points and your edge. That looks terrific. One of the things I don't like about some quilt blocks I have seen is they don't give enough attention to making sure they keep that seam allowance. And then they lose the points. I am quilty of losing them if I get in a hurry and don't take the time to measure well.

You are doing great! Now when we do the checkbook cover we are going to go just a bit smaller. Not alot but a bit. I try for 4 1/2 by 7 1/2 or 6". So I like to add a small border at the top and bottom of the quilt block. If we cut the sashing a bit smaller then it gives the block just a bit more room to add the borders on and still be at 4 1/2"

If anyone is going to work on this soon you might like to know I use a 1/2" border on the bottom( measure from the seam where the border is sewn on) and a 3/4" border on the top. I sometimes end up with a checkbook cover that is a bit more generous than I like but it won't hurt if your checkbook cover is alittle wider or deeper than you intended. It will still work just fine.