Old 11-24-2010, 06:35 AM
karenm36

Originally Posted by BevD
Never seen one of these before, does it have the tubing all the way around the top to hold the quilt??
Looks like it would be quite useful for hand quilting, might be worth looking into..hmmm
There are four "open sided" pieces of tubing that you gently push onto the four sides of the frame to hold everything in place. With a really large piece...like a queen size quilt...I find that I can just lay the fabric on top of it and often I only need one or two sides secured in order to work. It's easy to get the fabric to hammock that way or you can make it tighter.

The dimensions are about 30 x 40...just narrow enough to go through most doorways without needing to take it apart. The height adjust from 29 to 37 inches...each leg (not just 2) are adjustable. (If you're familiar with adjustable canes or walkers...that's the kind of mechanism that is used).

I agree with some that this is something that one could make with PVC tubing IF you had the materials, the sawing type equipment and a way to sand everything so smoothly so there wouldn't be any rough edges. After I considered all those factors I decided that it was going to be cheaper and a lot easier to purchase it...BUT only WITH a coupon! ;-)