Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 AM
redvette54

About 20 years ago, I went to a craft auction with a friend, there were great crafts there, except for this. I really can't find words for it, so I'll have to take a picture. When it came up for auction, no one bid on it. Since I've always done crafts and was feeling sorry for the person who made and donated it. I bid $5 and won it. My friend thought I'd lost my mind. So at Christmas I wrapped it up and gave it to my Mom. Well, the next Christmas, I got it back, and this went on for years. We would sometimes put it in a big box with something heavy. Then one year we started adding things to it. Mom died 10 years ago, and I couldn't find it. I figured Mom knew, that last Christmas, she wouldn't be here for the next one and threw it away. So 10 years have passed and my life has had it's ups and downs. I had gotten divorced, met my present husband. However, I've stayed friends with my ex, I groomed his dog and we would dog sit for each other. Over the summer, I called him at the last minute and asked him to come over and let the dogs out, when I got home, it was hanging on the wall. After a good laugh, I called him. He told me he had found it when we cleaned Mom's house and took it and hid it, he said he didn't want sad memories around something we had so much fun with. He said the time was right to give it back to it's rightful owner. Now, I'm sure you're wondering why I divorced this guy, well, he liked other women and he's a better friend to me than a husband. I'm thinking about wrapping it up and sending it to him this year, just to keep it going.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-133258.jpe