Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by GailG
Had you planned the fabrics ahead of time or did you just pick fabrics as you made each block? It looks so well-thought-out. I would not know how much fabric to purchase to make a sampler using the same theme in each block. I suppose one could just "buy a bunch" and then put the remaining pieces in the stash. Again, congratulations on a job well done.
I didn't do much planning at the beginning other than to know what colour overall I wanted, so I went and bought fat quarters from Malaga and Torre in Terracotta, I remember getting VERY excited with my little stash in a shoe box!! There are two shops that sells patchwork fabric within driving distance and I used to visit the ONE shop in Manchester U.K. when I went over for a visit, so you can understand why I get so envious when everyone posts about all the lovely shops they have close by. Initially I chose simple blocks from my friends books which I copied onto paper and then I progressed onto the internet for inspiration. This quilt really just evolved block by block, I was just lucky I eventually managed to pull it all together, it really has been interesting journey. :D

Thanks again for all your lovely comments, I am taking it today to show and tell at my weekly meeting :D