Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Marcia

Karla--Can I add a few ideas--from the buyers side of the table?? You may already do all of these things-but, if not, just some thoughts.....

I think presentation is a lot of the sell. The better your table looks with your items on it, the more drawn to it people will be and the more likely they are to buy from you.
-Are you covering your table with a cloth? That makes it more professional looking. Also, if you have "layers" on your table that is helpful too--You can build up your table here and there (with boxes or books, etc) underneath your table covering. That draws the eye up and down and adds interest. Also keeps things on the back of the table from getting lost, because you have elevated them and given them importance too. (It does not have to be real tall--just enought to make a height difference)
-Have some pumpkins, gourds, leaves, etc on your table too since it is Fall-it will give a good feel.
-Before you put your coasters in a basket, tie them together with ribbon. If you have 4 coasters that look the same stacked and tied and then your price tag hanging off of the ribbon, it will look cute.
-For your price tags, use card stock paper (a little heavier than computer paper--used for scrapbooking and available at craft stores and probably Wal-Mart too). You can buy it in different colors--you could use a fall color for this booth since it is Nov. Give your business a name and put it on the price tag too. Cut your price tags with pinking shears or a pair of scrapbook scissors that leave a cute edge. They also make a rotary blade that is ruffly and would be cute-and fast! Stamp something "Fall-ish" or print a clip art onto the tag too. Punch a hole, tie a ribbon through the hole and then pin the ribbon to your item. If you include a web site or email address then people will know how to contact you in case they decide they need to buy more from you in the future. :lol:
-Also print yourself some business cards at the same time you are printing price tags--hand them out and/or include them with the purchase, for future business.

Just a few thoughts..........I wish you tons of luck and just know you are going to do well--you make such gorgeous things :-)