View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Skeat

I think I am a professional ufo'er:))I have several for different reasons. Like BOM's...you start out strong, then real life happens and there they pile. Or you will be working on a project and even though most of it is finished you might not know what will work better w/the sashing, etc...so, there it sits till you see it...for then you know it will work. Or disappointment in the project. You might start out strong and then it ends up not quite going the direction you thought it would or look...so, there it sits for you to think on for a bit. I have to say I had worked long and hard on a hand pieced quilt. What I did not like was the instructor had us quilt as we go...which I personally don't like the look of, told the teacher and she insisted I had to do it that way...which I still hate which made me detest the whole project and in the basket it went. Well, since it has set, I pulled it out and was just going to toss it out and then thought, maybe I'd have enough of these blocks to at least put together in a lap quilt..well, I have plenty..and, in fact, looking at it all on the floor....I did a pretty good job!! I actually think it has potential now and will finish it:))LOL I know that is more then you all wanted to read...but, there is where I get my ufo's:))Which is what I wasssss working on, now I have Christmas orders..so, guess what...they get to UFO it awhile longer:))Skeat...oh, and I do think if you go to a retreat, workshop, etc and did not have a great experience w/the instructor, etc...I think the project ends up sitting due to you not being able to look at it w/out reliving it again or thinking about it...so it sits:))