Thread: design wall
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Cathysews

I am having a bedroom remodelled that was designed originally with a houseful of kids in mind...built in beds, storage, desks, cupboards, drawers and closet. It has been stripped down to the studs and new insulation -walls and roof- a 72 inch closet that will be nothing but shelves and the rest of the room is bare. I am moving my computer desk, which is a very large, heavy duty L shaped desk in to use for my sewing machine and serger, a seperate desk for my embroidery machine , hopefully room for my fold up cutting table and the rest I am really not sure about. I have been thinking about getting 2 bookshelves to move all my quilting , embroidery and sewing books into the sewing room where they should be and then figuring out how to attach something to use for a design wall that can drop down from the top of the bookshevles when I need it. I need some ideas if this is going to work and how I would do it.
I am hoping that one of you will come up with a great idea. I am stumed at this point.... I think I have been breathing in too much dust , dirt and plaster dust in the last week.
I had to clean a 35 year accumulation of kids stuff, craft stuff and sewing and emboridery stuff out of that rom and let me tell you that NO ONE on this earth could put back what I pulled out of there.
My garbage men must really hate me now... at least 8 industrial bags a week for the last couple of weeks and a threat to my kids that if they don't come and get what is theirs I am throwing it away..things like prom corsages from 25 years ago, dance costumes -black swan feathers and all from 20 years ago... everyone gets the idea.
Cathy