View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:14 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by omak
Don't mind my whining about the colors <g> I would complain if you hung me with a new rope! (although, they do have some really pretty colors in that product, too!)
I think I whine just to make sure y'all know I really am interested in what we are doing and will be doing.
One of our older veterans is having health problems, so I was figuring that I would have to get to building a quilt for him after I finish the coupons, but I got a good surprise when I went to the Post this afternoon!
Someone had left me a quilt on one of the chairs!
I couldn't figure out where the quilt came from, and then I started looking at the quilting, and thought - - hmmm.... that looks like Donna dropped off a quilt, and boy! Do I have a plan for it!
I was grabbing my cell phone to call her, when I happened to see something in the quilting that looked vaguely familiar ... in fact! It looked like something I might have done - - sure enough! LOL
Ya know? I don't do a half bad job!
The only way I could be sure that it was my quilting was to actually open the quilt up and look at the quilt blocks, and then I remembered!
A couple of weeks ago, I quilted a lap robe that a lady from one of the local quilt guilds had given me for my soldiers/veterans. I really do make things and finish things, and once they are not in my possession any more, I figure they are on their way to where they are needed most.
So -- when I had completed the quilting, I had given the quilt back to the creator to put the binding on, and promptly forgot!
I am hoping to get it labeled and ready to be presented to him tomorrow afternoon ... and, it will be pretty neat, because the lady who made the quilt will be at the dinner where it will be presented.
We will just be giving it to him as from the American Legion Family ...
Isn't that a wonderful Thanksgiving event???? How it all just came together is such a blessing - - such a blessing! <wave>
That is wonderful! I know he will be very pleased!