View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Jim

September 23, 2010....it had been 7 long eventful years since Dad passed away. There's been many good times and many sad but not a day has passed without missing him. When getting rid of his belongings I took 4 of his dress shirts, I packed them in a box and hid them in the deepest part of the closet to someday make a memory quilt. It took 6 years before I could bear to open the box and once again look at them. I slowly took them apart. I don't remember how many tears flowed down my cheeks as I worked with the remains of those shirts, making them into tiny pieces that would be sewn into a loving symbol of his memory. I finished the quilt in August, and I know that Dad would like it. I took it to Louisville with me in Sptember when I was to meet my sister, Patty. We talked about Dad and how long it had been and exchanged memories of him. I gave the quilt to Patty and we exchanged hugs and thanks and a good cry. I am glad the quilt will be a good memory for her of our "DAD", I put a lot of love into making it and am content that she will treasure it always
Attached Thumbnails attachment-133813.jpe