View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Come to think of it i have sewn since i was around 10, but on and off. I learnt in school to handsew little embroidered bookmarks and also crocheted blankets and doilies but could never get into knitting as i felt it just took so long to grow..possibly because of me not being a fast knitter..
When my kids were little i made a lot of their everyday clothes out of necessity and crocheted each of them a blanket and made their cot sheets. I didnt sew for many years but felt that something creative was missing in my life but didnt know what and tried folk art painting amongst other things but it wasnt until i went to a couple of craft shows and saw all the beautiful quilts that I knew that was what i wanted to create. That was a couple of years ago and even though i have only made a couple of wall hangings and a baby quillow i have thoroughly enjoyed making them. I have given everything away as gifts so far and am currently making a baby blanket and bag to hold it in for my niece. I find it to be an enjoyable past time and my list of to do projects just keeps on getting longer and longer!!