View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Marcia

I started sewing when I was 12 and have loved it ever since. I made all my own clothes in high school and as a young mother I made lots of my kid's clothes too. I made my first quilt, a queen size log cabin in 1981. I used cardboard templates (made from cereal boxes) and hand pieced and hand quilted it. By the time I was finished I was very proud of my quilt, but knew I would never quilt again! Ugh-what torture!!!

Then in the fall of 1999 we moved to PA and my next door neighbor was a quilter. She started a quilt group of about 10 ladies in our neighborhood and told me I could bring my X-stitch and join them. Week after week I was fascinated by the gorgeous projects they were working on. Before the year was out I owned a rotary cutter and mat, patterns and fabric and was making another quilt. In March I got a brand new sewing machine and by June (when we moved) I had a stash that filled several Rubbermaid tubs. I was in love with quilting and have never looked back!! That X-stitch project I was working on---it is still NOT finished!!!

I love making quilts for friends and family. It is how I "wrap them with a hug" when I cannot be there. Nothing says lovin' like a quilt.