View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 07:02 PM
sandynavas

. . . and I'm wondering why. But, this site comes highly recommended and I'm going to admit right up front that I am not a quilter. I am a would-be quilter. I am a wanna be-quilter. I am a seasoned sewer but a lazy quilter. I have been a sloppy quilter. I have disgraced the name of quilting by being all of the above. But, I have told myself that in order to be the type of quilter I really want to be that I have to mend my ways, learn the tricks of the trade, and take pride in what I do with my sewing machine(s). Therefore, I am humbled to be here and I hope no one minds if I stumble occasionally and pick your brains to pieces.

I am going to post a couple pictures of my current sewing room. I will be moving it into a space about 2 1/2 times this size after the first of the year. I am so excited about that. And, along the way I will also admit that I am a sewing machine collector of sorts, a fabric hound who loves to play with my fabric, a jack of all trades and yet a master of none.

I am a 66 year old grandmother of six beautiful little girls, one baby angel under God's wing, and a baby coming to grace us in May. I love to sew and create. In addition to sewing I love to water color, do scrapbooking, and woodworking with an emphasis on lathe work, scroll work, pyrography and carving. Happily married for 43 years, I have been retired for 8.

Sandy's main machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133946[/ATTACH]

Part of my fabric collection
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133947[/ATTACH]

My storage for notions and accessories
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133948[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-133941.jpe   attachment-133942.jpe   attachment-133943.jpe