View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oma66
I finished this lap quilt top today and when I studied it I felt disappointment. I can't put my finger on it -

I wanted to convey sunshine and flowers. I used a 9.5 in. pinwheel to show the floral fabric off, but maybe I cut it up too much.

Let me know what you think. I value your opinions.
It looks lovely as is and there is certainly nothing wrong with it, but maybe what makes you feel you cut it up too much is that the center portion (with the blue) has less contrast than the pinwheels around them. I love the way the outer run of pinwheels has the contrast, and if you wanted to get that same thing in the center, you'd only have to change about 6 pinwheels. You could keep all the blue, but for the other half of those pinwheels maybe change one of the fabrics to something that contrasts more, for every other pinwheel, as you have done around the border. That will give you more movement, I think. This is just optional-- certainly it looks pretty now, but sometimes you don't know how something is going to look until you try it. Don't be afraid to change things if you aren't totally happy.