View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Maride

I am a sucker for panels. This one needs nothing to be a great wallhanging. I would layer it and quilt it as it is. I am not sure what is your expertise with freehand maching quilting, but I would either take a neutral color and quilt the whole thing with it or change colors as the panel changes colors. For example, quilt the cardinal with red, the finch with yellow and the blue bird with blue. You can pick a standard green for all the leaves and match the fruits around them. I would quilt it following the designs on the fabric. Either outline each bird and fruit or for even more detail, go inside each design and quilt every detail of the print. Don't be afraid, if you match the colors it will not alter the desing a bit. I have also been using the Steady Stuff (stabilizer from Ricky Tims) for my wallhangings and when I am done, spray with water and iron it dry. The stabilizer gets really soft, like a layer of flanel, and the wallhanging is very steady. Then bind it as you would any quilt.

As always, I got carried away with the details. Was this clear?
Maria