Old 08-05-2007, 10:47 AM
AlleyFlosQuilts

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I've been sewing all my life, well since I can remember. I used to sew those punchcards with yarn at about age 3-4. My grandfather sold Singer sewing machines after world war two, so between me, my mother and grandmother we've got about 10 antique sewing machines that all still work. I've just started quilting about 4 years ago after hurricane Francis destroyed my parents home in Sebastian Florida. I had five huge garbage bags full of wet, soggy, mildew, antique family linens and quilts that I rescued from the bulldozer and my parents destroyed home. This started my obsession with accurately restoring, studying and repairing antique quilts. I bought and borrowed all of B Brackmans books and every fabric guide I could find so that I could selvage these family heirlooms. I even flew to Vermont for their quilting expo and asked averyone questions and took classes. This was then parlayed into a business of restoration and appraisals for others then selling antique quilts on Ebay. Well thats me and how I was blessed with the ability to quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55600.jpe