Thread: FUDGE FACTOR
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 05:16 AM
clem55

there was a time when I never had any problems cutting or sewing, but age, arthritis, bad eyes sure have made a difference. This baby quilt I just finished the top for was all cut from cotton blends, leftover scraps from clothing I made for my granddaughter when she was little. Each 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 strip had to be cut pretty much separate, and there were a lot of them! And not all could be cut on a perfect grain, so that caused some problems too. Add to that , I was doing rotery cutting for the first time, and also using a new machine. It doesn't look that bad, but some of the strips are a little off.LOL I did get better with the cutter, I did figure out the right setting for my seams, and I did learn that I will NOT do tiny pieces anymore!! So, I am ready to tackle the next one!It did get pretty frustrating when I've sewed for 60 years and did darn good sewing, to have simpler things go wrong this time. But, I'm not making quilts to sell or show, and my family aren't that particular , so I'll "fudge" ( ease) when I need too, and not worry about it, we can't asll be "perfect".