View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 07:37 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by deema
I recently ordered the After Hours collection from Connecting Threads - it was my first order from them. The whole collection, for those who haven't seen it, is reds, whites, and blacks. Really beautiful collection, I ordered the FQ bundle and four 1/2 yard cuts from the collection, plus thread to match. Anyway, I received my order and wasn't I shocked to find a 1/2yrd cut of a blue batik!? A beautiful blue batik, I might add, but definitely not what I ordered, and it was "wearing" the sticker for a piece that I *did* order. Since the other fabric isn't "essential" to my project, I don't really have an issue with it, and I really like the blue batik, I decided to just stash the blue and pull something from my stash to replace the other. Not a huge deal, but I did want Connecting Threads to know that there was an error so I sent them an email, just to let them know. I told them that I was very pleased with my order, even the "mistake" turned out to be a pleasing one :lol: , and since the "replacement" isn't out of the realm of what I will use, it's not worth it to me to send it back and I'll stash it.

Well, I got a reply - they told me to keep the blue, but they are still sending me the fabric that was supposed to be, but wasn't, in my order! I definitely will be shopping with CT again, not only because of this, but as far as online shopping goes, I really enjoyed the whole experience with CT. I'm glad I ordered.

And hey...looks like I got a free blue batik! :lol:
Yes, one time I ordered a collection of 1/2 yard cuts. When they came and I was refolding them to separate each one I found several 4 -6 in strips of some of the cuts. Well, I started grumbling to myself about how I was going to have to go through the hassle of contacting them, when I discovered there were full 1/2 cuts of the same pieces. So I assume they were ends of a bolt which they just added to my order rather then throw them out. And they are usable sizes too. I started "ungrumbling" real fast.