View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM
raptureready

I've gone to the Dollar Tree or any dollar store and gotten small decorative containers and filled them with cookies or candy for everyone in our office. Or, an ornament for their tree is always appreciated. How expensive do you want to go? You could always do a movie night--large but inexpensive bowl, DVD, a couple of bags of microwave popcorn and a 2 ltr of soda. The first idea is more inexpensive. When I worked we did small gifts. For years I'd give a small thing of candy and a Christmas card to everyone. One year one of the women said do me in a very kind way, "You do realize I'm Jewish don't you?" I answered her back and said, "Of course, and if you want to give me a Happy Hannukah card I'll be as gracious in accepting your beliefs as you have in accepting mine." She said, "It works for me." We smiled and I continued to give her a small Christmas gift each year, she'd give me a card and a small gift celebrating her Jewish traditions. And we always both laughed. It was for me the true joy of the season.