View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:00 AM
seweasy

Hi! I found this pattern in the latest issue of the Better Homes and Garden magazine "Quilts and More". The article name was "in cahoots".It was the almost perfect solution to what I was looking for, I just had to make it a little bigger. The instructions called for a 7"x 9" base for the strips to be sewn to, I made it 12x9.
My husband is going into the hospital on Sunday for heart bypass surgery. I was looking for a lightweight purse to use while he was in hospital. Its such long trek from the room to the cafeteria or just to take a walk outside. So I was needing something that I could keep my cash, a credit card and my driver license and keys in without it being a heavy "everyday" type purse.
I think this would make a great passport purse or for someone who's traveling and doesn't want to keep up with a purse. This bag hangs over one shoulder and across the body. So its a hands' free purse and yet the items are securely in the purse because of the zipper.
I used a wallet pattern from about.com and the small bag from http://obsessivleystitching.blogspot.com. The original bag was made from a potholder, I used her zipper instructions but layered fusible batting and two layers of coordinating fabrics.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a great start for Christmas Take care, Chris
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134019.jpe