View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:28 AM
RugosaB

I have this spool:

(antique textile mill spool is what an etsy contributed called it, I got it at some farm auction I went to years ago)
It helps decorate my new sewing room. I have a pincushion I made a while ago that I use for my hand needles, so I guess you'd call it a 'needlecushion' and I would love it if some how a 'needle cushion' was added to the top of this, as it stands.
It's 8 1/2 inches tall, the wider ends are 4 inches in diameter, and it has a 3/4 inch hole all the way through it (meaning it's hollow)
I want it to be able to sit it on my work table, meaning the ends are flat and I want to keep one of them that way. It's heavy enough that no weight would need to be added to it.

With all that info, any ideas, especially how I can add the needle cushion to it without ruining the spool? (meaning I'd like to stay away from gluing it to the wood) I don't ever intend to remove the needle cushion once made, but I'd like whoever gets this when I'm dead to be able to use the wooden spool however they want, and it still being just an old 'antique textile mill spool'
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134029.jpe