Old 11-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Spring

My love for quilts sprouted in a thrift store when I was 12. I spotted a worn out double wedding ring in blue, yellow and white. I begged my mom to buy it for me and she just gave me the strangest look. I did not get it but she did tell me the name of the pattern. I swore I would one day have a quilt like that. When I was 15, I met a woman who came into my family's coffee shop everyday who was a quilter. One day while we were talking I told her about my thrift store quilt my mom refused to buy me and she offered to help me make my own. She passed away two days after that. Every time I look at a wedding ring quilt I think about her and her kind offer to teach me how to quilt.

I am a newbie and have only finished a couple of quilts but with the help from everyone in this board, I feel that I may be brave enough to take this on. I plan on making it for my queen bed and hand quilting it. My goal is to finish it in a year. Starting Jan 1st. Do any of you make quilting resolutions?

Any tips would be very helpful for my journey would be very helpful. Do you use a template? If so what is your favorite? Is quiltsmart printed interfacing worth the money? How in the world so some of them piece their fabric to give the fading look? Im sure I will have many more questions.
Thank You