View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Annya

Originally Posted by katesnanna
I'm surprised at the number of quilters who make lots of lovely quilt tops but don't finish them
I know here in Australia sending it out to be professionally quilted is expensive.( A friend pays upwards of $200.00 to have hers done.)
I can understand if the quilt is to go into a show but when they are made with love for family,friends or whoever why not finish them and give them to people to use?
I'm not sure how many quilts I've made (somewhere near 100) but I machine quilt them all. They don't have to be fancy, straight stitching or a fancy stitch from our machines works well.
This is not a judgment just wondering why so many quilts that are lovingly made languish on a shelf or in a cupboard when someone could be enjoying them.
I know at the prices, sending them out is not an option especially when you are on a pension like me. I have been doing quilt as you go techniques and pick the best one for me to do and the size of the quilt too.It would take me a year to save just to send one out to be done and that is a waste of money at the moment. I am not an expert so do my best is all I can do, at least while the machines work.