Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Wings

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I am so sorry that happened! It happens in a split second too! I am glad you are going to be okay. Sit here on the couch by me and we will read the Quiltingboard. I will get the chocolates. Would you care for coffee? Tea?
Ask me why I am on the couch instead of sewing. Oh, it is not a large or deep cut. It is on the fatty part of my right thumb. I am right handed. Got it today when I was sharpening my rotary blade.
I will never again daydream while I have a rotary blade anywhere near me. !!!! I hate it when I do something like that. Yep, happens in a split second. The mind wanders, Ouch!!

Sisters together by the sound of it:) Yes, quilting can be dangerous! It takes courage to quilt, ladies! Rotary cutters, machines, dropped pins, and I once drove one of those straight through my big toe and out the other side, it was a defining moment in bonding with my new stepson as he ran to the shed to get pliers and literally pliered the pin out of my foot. I loved him from then on! A nurse friend told me they often had patients with pins broken off in the soles of their feet. Yes, a coffee and chocolates sounds fabulous thankyou :)
Care for more coffee?