Old 11-27-2010, 02:09 PM
n2scraplvr

I am now finishing the last 3 blocks in the right-hand column. I'm running on the edge (tee hee) from not preplanning! It took 10 min. to move them all!! Notice the top middle block in the picture. It has 3 shades of red, orange and peach fabs but the computer shows them as being the same shade. In the next picture, you will see that I scattered those colors rather than keeping them together. I did very little rearranging of the fabs after this. I work in a color-coordinate-it-along-the-way type of method. You'll get to this point too after doing many scrap quilts. I also balance my colors to be computer-friendly because we want it to look right! We don't want our colors smeared so I keep that in mind. View your color balance through the wrong end of binoculars or through a doorhole peep if needed or just stand back at a good distance to view.

Now we're all finished!! I scattered those 3 fabrics that were together. Examine my mini to see how I scattered the scales of fabrics and move your pieces around until you like what you see! The burgundy filler looked better than the orange piece that was there. We must also consider the color of its adjacent piece! The burgundy contrasts between with the pink 2 tone fab below it. Sometimes we just need to move things around! I'm glad I did in this case.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134796[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134786.jpe   attachment-134791.jpe