Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
n2scraplvr

That completes the process and order of laying out your pieces to ensure everything gets covered appropriately. The blocks can now be fused individually to each block by removing the papers and positioning pieces by working on one block at a time until all blocks are done. Next fuse all squared up blocks side by side and finally, fuse all squared up rows together. I want to add that squaring up should be done cautiously and as minimally as possible.

Thank you for following along with me as I showed the steps I took in making this cute little mini!! Nine blocks seemed sufficient to show the wonderful interplay of circles coming forth, but even more blocks would add luster to an already well-built foundation of fun fabrics and color!

The finishing of this quilt could be done by any number of methods. My focus was mainly on the creation of the quilt with fabric selection and colors used rather than the applique process. Fused applique is wonderful, but for all practical purposes, I may just glue it all down as a wallhanging that's all that will be needed. For those who want to make a full quilt out of this, you should consider the labor involved of individually fusing to achieve a scrappy look. Maybe a 2 color WW would be much quicker.

I think fray check on the edges and spray adhesive is the way I'll complete this mini. Even finishing off with an invisible thread is another avenue or just leave it raw edge!! The choice is yours!

I'm so tickled you followed along and wish you lots of success and happy sewing times making your own Winding Ways mini!!

Until next time,
happy quilting! n2 :D :D :D