Thread: Today's sewing
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 PM
missionslady

Originally Posted by TN Donna
Since I had my Thanksgiving dinner Saturday I had the whole day to sew-yes all day. I made four table runners and got two of them quilted. I cut these out by hand. Every square, triangle and strip. I wish I could do pictures but I am not able to right now. I am on a borrowed computer and do not have things all hooked up. I am telling you I made one up in my go-as you-cut style and made it for my daughter. It is in greens and a yellow/orange Afternoon Tea print and it is beautiful. If they were my colors she would never know I made it for her.

I used to sew and quilt, but I have had two real bad head injuries from falls in the past 5 years and things are slowly coming back to me. I knew when I started quilting that I had done it before. I just knew how to handle the material and all too easily. It was so much fun.
Good for you!!! Your table runners sound beautiful! A lady in my sewing group at our church had two bad falls that limited some of her abilities. She can no longer drive. When she joined our sewing/quilting group, she had to really focus to do it. But as she has used those skills it has become much easier for her. Sounds like it is for you too!