Old 11-27-2010, 04:51 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
BoJangles,

I love your project with your grandboys! I think it is wonderful that they all tried the treadle too! My son doesn't like to sew, but I find him at one of my treadles reading from time to time. He will loosen the wheel and sit there reading and treadling. He has been talking about finding a way to power his computer by treadle. I guess he finds it soothing. Anyway... thanks for sharing that beautiful moment with us. Did you make the place-mats that the sewing machines are sitting on? They look very pretty too.
LOL! I love all the comments about the Grandsons sewing! Thank you all!

Vintagemotif thank you very much, yes those are my Thanksgiving placemats that I made -- turkey's and all! All our grandkids sew -- they do pretty good for the most part. I have found over the years that they are much better behaved if we keep them busy! Grampa can only play ping pong so long and he needs a break -- it was too muddy to ride -- so we made the placemats! Anyway, it is pretty cool that they will have those placemats with their hands and foot to show to their own kids one day! The hardest part for the kids was sewing on the buttons (eyes) by hand!

Nancy