View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Marvlin

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I have machine lust. There I said it. I don't need a new machine. Really i don't. I have several older ones now that aren't being used to their potential. And I mean there's only 1 of me and I only have a limited amount of time to sew. So why am I looking at machines online and drooling over them? Why is a cheap Brother machine at WM making my heart flutter? My old White does a perfectly good job...she even does fmq if the user would get better at it! And she's a pretty green color too. Is there a thing as machine addiction like there is fabric addiction?
You are, after all, asking an entire community of quilters, sewers and embroiders if you have a "disease" where a new machine is concerned!!!!! I have an old 1230 Bernina, a Viking #1+, Designer II, Designer 1 and an SE/LE. I have already sold my old Viking #1 and am getting ready to sell/donate my #1+ and Designer II machines. I just can't give up my 1230 Bernina (love that machine), or the Designer I or the SE. I am trying to be "normal" about this but the lady who is looking at the #1+ and Designer II already has two other machines. If this is a disease I have it and apparently it is catching. Never does a day go by that I don't look somewhere on the Internet for different kinds of machines. I'm not greedy, I just love to see what is out in the market. As for having machines that aren't being used to their full potential, you don't have to use machines in that way, we love them, we feel comforted, we feel useful and yes we even feel creative. If you have the financial means to purchase a new machine don't feel guilty just enjoy the chase looking for your new baby. Good Luck