View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:17 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

it makes a huge difference between walmart fabric and lqs fabric so if you are going to try to sell both i would think you should keep them separate and let the possible buyer know which it is. only you can decide how much you need to sell your fabric for. how much did it cost you? and how much do you think you need to get back out of it? is it scraps you've already got your usage out of? or is it yardage? is it collections that have gone (out of print) and are hard to find? is it fabric you can find on the $1 rack at any discount store? only you know what you have. when deciding i would see how much i can get into the 3 different sized flat-rate boxes and then let possible purchasers know what shipping is going to cost too. if you are selling for $5 a yard but then have to add $20 for shipping it might wind up being no deal at all...but you do not want to (sell yourself short) my mom made that mistake lots trying to get an online business going. she was paying people to take her stuff...instead of making any money. you need to be as specific as possible with all of the details worked out, then compare and set your pricing to reflect the market you are hoping to enter.