Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
IAmCatOwned

I found a lined blank book with rings was the best project journal for me. It's about 6.5 x 8 inches. Bought it at Barnes and Noble. Each quilt gets 2 facing pages - one for photos and the other for notes on the quilt including size, batting type and who it was given to. It has room for more than 100 quilts, so lasts a long time. I had plans to make a fancy quilt-related cover on this plain book, but it's easy to recognize without any marking at all. Make sure that you have your name and phone number on the inside. I forgot it once at a quilting all nighter but got it back because my name and phone were in it.

It's the photos that are the hardest to decide. Given the larger 4x6 photos, even cut down, it's hard to fit more than one photo. I like to have one of the front and the back and/or closeup (special stitches for instance). I've solved some of that by doing a closeup that shows some of the back. For instance, for the page for my avatar quilt, I have two photos. The first is the one you see. A closeup 2nd photo shows the trees up close, the Vikings fabric for sashing, the deer fabric for the border and the football flannel on the back.